Further to last week’s announcement of Arthur’s death, a memorial service will be held:
- Thursday 28th November
- Church of St John the Baptist, St John’s Road, Wimbledon SW19
This is at the other end of Denmark Road to Belgrave Hall. There will then be a gathering at Belgrave Hall afterwards to which all are welcome.
Parking in the area is problematic with meters everywhere many with max 2 hours. Parking a short distance away is recommended and then catching buses.
- 93 bus runs from Putney Bridge underground to North Cheam via High Street/ Wimbledon Village and South Wimbledon Underground
- 493 bus runs from Richmond via Roehampton, Southfields underground station, to Tooting St George’s, High Street/Wimbledon Village. Walk along Ridgway and left into Denmark Road
- 200 bus runs from Raynes Park to Colliers Wood via Wimbledon and the end of Denmark Road (Wimbledon Telephone Exchange).
- 131 and 57 buses run from Kingston to Tooting via Raynes Park and Wimbledon Worple Road (Spencer Hill) and walk up Spencer Hill.
If you are planning to attend we would be grateful if you could let us know for approximate numbers.
Chris Taplin on behalf of Pat Sell.0208 337 3533 / 07773030999